A customer contacted me earlier today after reading another blog post about running Honeywell TrendManager software on a Windows 7 computer. She was looking for a copy of the latest software compatible with her recorders and operating system. But because Honeywell is a large company with several different divisions and websites, it can sometimes be difficult for customers to find the downloads they need.
So here’s the quick fix:
First, go to the TrendManager Pro Software Suite page on the Honeywell Process website.
Then, click the tab called “Documentation”.
You’ll see a long list of documents and files there, divided into two different sections. First is one called Documentation (for specs, brochures, and application notes). If you scroll about half-way down the page, you’ll see another called Public Support Documentation. In this section, you’ll find product manuals and the software downloads you’re looking for.
If you sort that list by Release Date Descending (far-right column), it’ll bring the newest files to the top, and look like this:
The files you need will depend on the paperless recorder series (X-Series or GR). Firmware versions come in .ZIP files and will download directly when you pick the item from the documentation list. Software versions come in .ZIP files, but require an additional step. First, you open a PDF with the release notes, then you click on an embedded link in the PDF to download the software.
If you’re using a Honeywell X-Series paperless recorder (QX, SX, QXe), look for these files (current at the time of publishing):
- Firmware version KC, dated 2014-Aug-29. When you click on the link “X-Series Recorder Firmware Version KC”, it will prompt you to download a .ZIP compressed file called FWZ-KC-R-0.zip
If you’re using a newer Honeywell GR series paperless recorder, these are the files you want (current at the time of publishing):
- Firmware version 101.1.0 dated 2014-Sept-16. When you click the link “GR Recorder Firmware Version 101.1.0 Rel 08”, it will prompt you to download a .ZIP compressed file called FWZ-101-1-08-R-0.zip
If you are using either the older X-Series and new GR series recorders in your plant, you only need to run the newer version of the TrendManager suite, as it’s backwards-compatible with the eZtrend QXe, Minitrend QX, and Multitrend SX paperless recorders.
- TrendManager Software Suite dated 2016-May-30. Like the software suite above, clicking the link “TrendManager Suite R126.96.36.199 R02” sends you to a PDF with an embedded link to the software. This is a 135MB download, so again, it may take a while.
Want to learn more?
- Check my other blog posts on Honeywell Trendview paperless recorders
- Compare features of the Honeywell paperless recorders at Lesman.com
Lesman Instrument Company is the authorized Honeywell stocking distributor in North and Central Illinois, Northern Indiana, Eastern Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. If you are located outside that area, you can find your local sales office or get technical assistance by visiting Honeywell’s contact page.